Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Haikus.

Inspired by a recent challenge in the blog of Joel and Alison Carlman (http://www.africarlmans.com/), I wrote some haikus. First, I wrote one because I wanted to win their challenge. Then, I wrote more because I got bored.

Here is my entry in their "write an awesome haiku" challenge, titled "Ah, Venice."

Ciao, Venezia,
City of bridges and light,
Not terra firma.

Then, I decided to write a series. I read a magazine article once that had reader-submitted haikus based on great works of literature, so I decided to focus my series on television shows.

Fringe:
J.J.'s newest show:
"I experimented once!"
Says Josh's weird dad.

House:
Who knows what is wrong?
Cranky man with cane might help.
Wait 'til the last act.

Life:
Cop was in jail but
Now solves crimes while eating fruit
And keeping himself zen.

Pushing Daisies:
I hope you like pie
Made by lovers who can't touch,
And waking the dead.

Ugly Betty:
How pretty people
Run a magazine. Also,
Betty saves the day.

NCIS:
Gibbs, the silver fox.
Fair winds and following seas,
Agents solving crimes.

Carnivale:
Ben versus Justin:
Epic battle, but it was
Not in Sophie's cards.

Firefly:
Cap'n Mal and crew
Fight Alliance and reavers.
Joss's space western.

Deadwood:
Seth the good sheriff,
Guns, hookers and Swearengen:
Al is why we watch.

MythBusters:
Jamie and Adam,
All in the name of science,
Get to blow stuff up.

Psych:
Shawn, the fake psychic,
And Gus (who has a day job)
Solve crimes. Shawn's dad balks.

Lost:
Crashed on an island.
Survivors are connected?
There are polar bears?

The West Wing:
White House staffers work.
Sorkin's finest walk-and-talk.
Jed Bartlet for Prez.

CSI:
Nine years of bodies.
Grissom unlocks mysteries
With wit and wisdom.

Baywatch:
Bouncy women with
Shiny hair and "uniforms"
Run slowly, save lives.


I hope you at least giggled a little.

Have a fantastic week, everyone!
E&C

UPDATE: It has been brought to my attention by ASHLEY DRUSHAL, who is as big a TV geek as I am, that I made a grievous error by not including a haiku about our favorite cult classic, Buffy The Vampire Slayer. So without any further ado:

Buffy:
The vamps call her the
Chosen One. We just call her
Tuesday Night Hero.

There. Happy now, Ash? :)

2 comments:

Jay said...

This blog is an 8 on the adorable scale.

AshD said...

All awesome, but there
is one GLARING omission.
I’m disappointed.